Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Clever Knits in Vista

Hey, Everyone!

This past Monday, Jim took me to Clever Knits, the new yarn shop that opened in "old" downtown Vista. I met the owner's mom--a very nice lady, but I didn't catch her name. It reminded me of a smaller version of Noble Knits. They don't have the selection of yarns that our more familiar local stores do, but I believe that's largely due to the fact that they're new. What they do have IS REALLY NICE and reasonably priced (for the amount of yarn one gets). I was even able to find a US 0, 40" Addi Turbo Lace circular needle (hard to find!), and it was about $3.00 cheaper than I've seen at other stores.

Here are the particulars on the store: Clever Knits, 214 S. Indiana Avenue, Vista; open 12-8 pm daily (although I think they're open until 10 pm on Tuesdays when they have a knitter's session that I've been told is packed); website is http://cleverknits.com/. The directions to the store are on the website. Jim took his usual roundabout way of going somewhere, so I couldn't give directions to anyone. It's hard to see the store as you drive down Indiana street, but it's just a store away from the Vista Yoga studio (on the same block). They've got classes posted, but I think the one that would interest most of us is the "Owls Sweater Class." It's a 6-session class beginning 8/19, and as long as materials are bought at their store, all 6 sessions cost only $40! From what I see, they go through all sorts of skills like waist shaping, bust increases, joining body and sleeves, etc.

Hope you guys are still knitting!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment