Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just Enough Ruffles Scarf











I made two of these scarves. The variegated one came out better because it was longer and I thought the colors would look nice with jeans and a white t-shirt. It almost looks camo-ish. I casted on 300 instead of 200 for the blue one. My fingers still hurt from binding off 900 stitches last night. Here is a link to the pattern: http://www.cosmicpluto.com/blog/?p=1027


I can email it if anyone wants it, because they want to charge you for it.

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I really like the self-striping & variegated yarns.

    I know what you mean by the sore fingers; my hands sometimes ache. I roll some Chinese metal balls (Lisa!....) in my hands. They have bells in them, and part of the idea is to move them in your hands without much of a ring. This motion strengthens and stretches the muscles in my hands. Jim got them years ago; he used them to relieve the hand cramps he'd get from working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, my fingers were cramped like you said, but today the tips of my fingers almost feel like they were burned. I guess knitting can be hazardous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazardous? Never! ;-) It's not just the fingers that "suffer." Like you, I sometimes want to see the finished product so badly that I stay up all night. (Then I take a good look after I've rested and see all the mistakes!)

    We should all get together for a knit session sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I got a visual of Mary and her Ben Wa Balls.

    Love the scarf. I really love that blue color. Is that the cashmere yarn you used? How cute would that look with a brown shirt or jacket....CUTE.

    My hands never bother me it's the tips of my fingers that I use to push the yarn on the needle that get sore. I bought these little leather thimble like things but they were more of a pain in the ass that a help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. .....and yes, we need a knitting sesh soon!

    ReplyDelete