Friday, February 6, 2009

Slouchy Hat


I made this slouchy hat over the course of two evenings. I wanted to add something different to the top of the hat instead of a pom pom. I added knitted curlicues. Cast on 20 stitches. (The final length of your curlicue will be the same as the length of your cast on row.) Knit into the front and back of each stitch loosely, ending up with 40 stitches. Bind off purlwise. I made four curlicues and made each one a slightly different length. I think they would be cute on a baby hat, too. Here is the link for the slouchy hat pattern:
http://presentsknits.blogspot.com/2007/11/slouchy.html

1 comment:

  1. I re-posted these photos from my camera so you could see how cool this yarn is. I got the yarn from etsy.com. This girl dyes and spins it herself!

    ReplyDelete