Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pink!

This afghan was made for the Christmas blanket drive held by the Social Services Department in Escondido. My neighbor, Miriam, works in adoptions, and the blankets are given to foster children. I got the pattern book from one of Jim's aunts after she passed away (Bernat Afghans, #132, 1966--it only cost $1.60!). It lacked some crucial information, and I took apart every panel save one before I could get it to work. Now I know why his aunt never made this afghan (the booklet is precious with her notes and comments). This afghan will be donated next year. Sorry about the picture above--the colors are much more vivid, I just couldn't get my camera to cooperate. If you espy a little lump in the center, that's Cricket, our cat. She loves to help with all my projects.

3 comments:

  1. That blanket will make some little person very happy **sigh**.

    How IS Cricket by the way? You would think Jim and I would talk once in a while, but I never see the guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys! Cricket is adorable as always. She's about 17 years old now, has a touch of arthritis, but still loves to play. I haven't made anything that she hasn't "helped" with.

    P.S. Lisa, Jim's the extreme early bird, next to your hubby. He's in before 5 am every morning.

    ReplyDelete