Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Experiment 1: Old-Fashioned Dewdrop Sweater




I saw a picture of a side-buttoned sweater on the cover of the winter issue of Interweave Knits and was inspired to design one of my own. The original was made from the bottom up, so I made mine from the top-down. Also, the original was for a grownup. I made this one for my favorite model (and neighbor), Elise. It fits her just right! I'll have to post a picture of her when I get one.
When I finally write up the pattern, I'll incorporate some improvements (like making the beaded buttons with thin wire instead of quilting thread--all that I had).
Paula, I read your comment. The "Knit & Stitch" group meets every first Thursday of the month at 3 pm. I went this last time as I was lucky enough to have Friday off. I wish that they met at least twice a month, but oh well. It's just a treat that I get to look forward to. I just hope my luck keeps up and I get the first Fridays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment