Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jim's Cabled Hat

My husband reminded me that I had not knitted him a hat in over a year. Since he is my biggest knitting fan I wanted to try and make him something a little different than the usual knit hat. I found a cabled hat pattern that I liked, but it really wasn't worded very well. I got through the pattern fine until the decreases. It just did not make any sense. Mary always says to trust the pattern, so I did. Well, I tried anyway. I took it out three times and finally just decreased in a way that made sense to me. It came out pretty ok. It should be good for the cold weather we are supposed to get this week. He just sent me a text of him wearing his hat at work so I will post it!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, trust the pattern, but that doesn't mean there are no mistakes. In that case, trust in what you know...;-)

    ReplyDelete