Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nicolette's Candletree Baby Blanket




Hey, Knitting Mates! What's up?




Little Nicolette is due in June, and I made this blanket to welcome her. The block patterns all came from Barbara G. Walker's books: a) Candle Tree (Treasury of Knitting Patterns--1st one), b) Embossed Heart (Charted Knitting Designs--3rd Treasury), c) Lattice with Seed Stitch (Learn-to-Knit Afghan Book). I checked them out at the library (by special request because C'bad doesn't carry them, and there is a waiting list).

4 comments:

  1. Nice!

    How long did that take you?
    Did you add the border last?
    I need to get some projects finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paula!

    I don't think it took that long to make the blanket (5 squares x 5 squares). I was working on finishing our crocheted queen-sized blanket at the same time (done in time for the summer...). Squares work up quick once you know what you're doing. I added the crocheted border last. Another thing about doing blankets in squares is that you can use up a lot of your scrap yarn. The yarns in this blanket are all pretty much leftover from other baby projects.

    Happy knitting! Maybe it's time to schedule another knitting caucus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we need to get together. I have been thinking about having a knitting party with appetizers and wine and stuff. Maybe everyone could bring a skein of yarn and a pattern to trade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! Let me know when...

    ReplyDelete