Saturday, December 6, 2014

 
 
Tis the season to knit like CRAZY!!!!
 
I mentioned socks that match but don't quite?  Well, I just recently made a pair from bits and pieces of scrap yarn.  The pattern came from Sock Art by Edelgaard Janssen and Ute Eismann.  They worked it from the leg down, but I worked my own pair 2 at a time from the toes up and I didn't continue the pattern up to the legs.  It was called "Stripes, Lozenges, and Spikes" although my pair is more like "Stripes and Spikes"--no lozenges here.  I really like the spike part.  I even mixed lofts of yarn.  That is, I made sure that I maintained the same gauge/thickness by pairing thicker yarn with thin yarn, etc.  Working with scraps like this also allows me to experiment with colors, and I get a feel for the kinds of colors I gravitate toward.  Sock Art was inspiring:  It seems to me, I need to expand my color choices.

1 comment: