Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sock Knitting Frenzy



I've been completely obssessed with Fair Isle knitting---I absolutiely love it!  Even though I see pictures of the patterns, they look different depending on the colors I use and how I "stack" the different patterns together.

I didn't have much time to knit before Christmas, but once I got some free time, I've been catching up on more sock knitting.  I call the socks in the topmost picture, the "Lucky Love Charms" socks.  It's actually a Fair Isle sampler with motifs taken from a book by an author, last name of Mucklestone, that features 200 patterns.  It's made from yarns left from various projects (same gauge), and I made them for work.  I wear steel-toed boots for work and thick knitted socks are the most comfortable.

Fair Isle even makes cheap acrylic look good.  The bottom picture features socks made from acrylic for my sister-in-law who is, unfortunately, allergic to wool.  They're very comfortable, thick, easy to care for, and didn't take long to make in worsted weight yarn.

If I could make a living just knitting like this......(many sighs)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not hard, but you need to get used to keeping the balls of yarn from tangling up.

      Delete