Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012 Gifts 1



Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

Well, I didn't have as much time to knit this year.  The real knitting frenzy came when I took vacation time during Thanksgiving and this Christmas week.  The topmost picture features mittens for our little friend, Charlotte.  She will be turning 1, but past experience has taught me to make things for the future for little kids.  I got the pattern from a Fair Isle Book I purchased at the San Marcos store.  The Fair Isle part is only in the colored band just above the wrist ribbing.  The picture below it features Fair Isle socks for her sister, Elise, who will be turning 5 this year (my how time flies!).  The patterns on the instep came from a book of Fair Isle patterns.  The bottom of the foot is basically a "spotted" pattern for carrying the yarn around.  I figured that since no one sees the bottom most of the time, might as well do something simple and reinforce the bottom of the sock as well.  I love Fair Isle!  An added plus is that both of the projects above were made from washable wool scraps from various wool purchases made over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment