Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Long Beaded Gloves


Well, have taken a break from quilting to do some knitting. I was commissioned to make some long gloves, similar to the beaded gloves I posted some time ago. I didn't have a pattern so I used what I learned from making the gauntlets (long fingerless gloves) and the beaded gloves to make up my own pattern. I used Jane Davis's same beaded pattern so that I wouldn't have to figure that out, too. This is the result. I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine in Pea Soup with clear iridescent green beads. I didn't taper the fingers as these are meant to be a surprise gift for someone, and the only info. I got was that the hand size was about the same as for the beaded gloves I made (the gal is very tall). No tapering leaves a bit more room for the fingers just in case it's needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment